Wednesday, August 11, 2010

So Big Already

Jed...
It truly is hard to believe that Jed is three weeks old already. He is so genuinely tender and sweet. He's pretty quiet. He's had two days in the past three weeks that he has been fussy, and the rest of his days he's been peaceful and calm. He loves to look around, check things out, especially his Papa and Mama. I often wonder what's going through his little mind. For such a little guy he seems to have some deep thoughts. :)
He's been a busy bee his first few weeks of life. Already he's been to several parks, to the docotr twice, to church three times, to the zoo, to the Focus on the Family play place, to Woodland Park, to Denver, to Aunt Brooke's house, to the airport, the grocery store, Walmart, and Costco.

At his 2 week appointment he weighed 7lbs, 9 ounces already.

He's pretty predictable... He eats at 8, 11, 2, & 5 both day and night. His predictability is nice but he never really gives me any long stretches. the good news is that he at night he goes right back to sleep after I feed him.

When he's awake he's super alert. I love how he always checking out his little world. He searches the room with his eyes.

I can hardly believe that he is already 3 weeks old. We are more than making it through. I am soaking him up. And even in the night when I think that I can't keep my eyes open any longer, I have still been able to feel great joy in my heart as I spend time alone with my little man, rocking back and forth in our rocking chair in the corner of my room, in the dark of night. Our time is fleeting and I don't want to miss a moment.

Here he is.... Jed at 3 weeks...




No comments:

Post a Comment